"Shedrack!" I shouted through the window as this guy was nowhere to be found. Looking at the way things are going, I might chase him back to the village.
"Now, take this bucket and go and fetch water." I commanded him once he came out. Chukwudi had gone to check his traps. You can imagine a kind of person that sets traps for animals in the city. I am also weird in a way but that is nothing compared with Shedrack's madness! Dem swear for am but I don't want to begin now to explain the implications to him. I just hope he gets admission and get out of this house! The last time Chidimma came, he was just running up and down as if he has something to present. After everything, my pocket that had the sum of N250 in it before I slept off the previous night lost its contents and the pair of trousers was nowhere to be found.
Our environment is not even helping matter. I don't know where what is doing us is coming from but I know it's not ordinary. Maybe, the president should order a probe into our situation. Be it as it may, I am not worried.
"But Bro., There is sachet water in the house!" It was Shedrack's voice interrupting me as I imagine how awesome the nation would be if we had the right leaders. "If I slap you... You will forget your JAMB reg number. Don't you know that I am the senior in this house?" We argued until he accepted to go fetch water with me promising him a tip of the iceberg when it comes to investments.
I wondered what a boy of his age would do with information on how to invest and make money but I still gave him my word, though. So, he ran off.
When Chukwudi comes back, we would now discuss what to cook for the night. That also is another tog of war as we would argue till midnight until we end up running out to buy cheese balls, snacks and Pepsi before the last provision store keeper closes!
0 comments:
Post a Comment